Saturday, April 17, 2010

Already Managed to Fall Off the Wagon

I skipped writing my five things yesterday. It seems extremely pathetic to have skipped a day so early in the process, but in the manner of brushing off and starting again, here are five things for yesterday and, I suppose, five more things for today. This is starting to seem impossible!

TODAY

(Happiness Level 6 - not bad, but given how good the day has been, pretty pathetic)

  1. Joy. Okay, joy makes everyone happy, but I mean my friend Joy who is so cool and who cares about things, the world she lives in, the people around her and never makes me feel less than the same. Thanks Joy.
  2. Pann's Diner. Now breakfast out doesn't usually make me happy, but today Robyn and Grace let me tag along to their ritual breakfast at Pann's. They sit at the counter. Robyn drinks coffee in a glass with ice. Everyone fawns over Grace. Its a nice tradition. Not only was I pleased to be included, but the cute busboy refilled my Diet Coke glass at least 5 times.
  3. Holding hands with Grace. She has a small hand, with a callus from the monkey bars. She holds hands firmly, without wiggling and without giving the impression of a limp embarrassed fish (read Elias).
  4. Waking up with Robyn. We had a nice morning. Yay for us - we need that sometimes.
  5. Getting the right gift. I bought my sister Jenny a wallet. I knew she would love it and she does. I got her the same one I have, the one I got from my other sister Miriam. A good wallet is a happiness boon and I am glad to have passed it on.


Yesterday
(Happiness Level 8 - very happy until evening when dinner party went south then a 4.)
  1. French bread. I took my car to get the oil changed. Instead of waiting with the extra large TV on the sports channel, I had the shuttle drop me off at the strip mall about a mile away. I did my grocery shopping, placed all my items neatly in my reusable grocery bag and walked (yes, walked in Los Angeles) back to the car dealer. The impulse loaf of long, thin french bread was sticking out the top of the bag. The bread, which was later coated in olive oil and oven roasted, allowed me the illusion of a city dweller.
  2. Wind. The breeze was strong yesterday and cool, but not cold. Because I was walking, with no one to talk to and nothing to do but imagine my french bread enhanced profile, I felt the wind. And it was nice.
  3. My sister Miriam. I really like her - all the damn time.
  4. A clean house. I cleaned my house for our dinner party. The wood floors were so lovely and smooth. It looked clean and it smelled clean. It makes me feel like a better person to have a clean house.
  5. Wasabi. If Wasabi doesn't make a person happy, nothing will.

No comments:

Post a Comment