Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 2 - Happier By the Minute

Woke up today happy to be alive, which is - pathetic as it sounds - pretty rare. I actually lay in bed for awhile thinking about this post and what I would write about. When my daughter was particularly cute, I thought to myself "I could put that on my list." Since that is the point of this exercise, I am pleased.

There was a time in my life when to do or say anything as corny and suburban as the things I write in this blog would have turned me over in my fake 20 something grave, but now I just want to enjoy it more and I no longer give a shit whether I'm cool. With that said, prepare for some more happy happy joy joy.

Happy Meter at a Level 8 (either this is a miracle cure or I'm having a lucky day)



  1. Kickboxing at Magic Johnson's 24 Hour Fitness. I need to be specific here, because I am not sure that kickboxing just anywhere would make me happy. The class at the Magic gym, however, is unparalleled. Yes, its crowded (enough that an actual "fight fight" broke out) but the energy is so high that, by the end, I actually feel like I've been snorting cocaine. There is a huge Big Red gum chewing man that shakes everyone's hand when we come in and holds the door for us when we leave. He is so damn happy to see me (and everyone else) that I feel like kissing him.
  2. My son's homework assignment. Elias's teacher required them to write a paragraph about how they make their parents smile. Elias wrote: "I can make my mom smile by writing my assignment neatly. I can make my stepdad smile by making my mom smile." Two things are immediately apparent from that answer: (a) my kid knows me and (b) my husband loves me.
  3. Irene. My assistant Irene can make me pretty damn happy. First of all, she buys me Diet Coke and puts it in the fridge. I love that. Today, Irene cleaned my office for me, straightened all the papers and put all the books away. If that doesn't make a girl feel special, nothing will.
  4. Chocolate Chip Cookies. I got one at the little store today, all chocolate and soft gooey cookie.
  5. My daughter's plan for my anniversary. Grace asked Robyn when our anniversary was. When she learned it was in June, she told Robyn to start planning now. After he left, she told me to consider what I am going to do for him. "You could buy him a pillow," she suggested. "He likes to sleep." Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment