Thursday, April 15, 2010

Working My Way Back

One very good question is "who are you?" No one, actually. I haven't told a friend or posted a facebook status or sent out an email. I don't want to self-censure because I know that my husband or friends are reading along. So you are probably no one, but potentially someone and that just has to be enough.

Happiness Level 5 (Day 2 was somewhat of a fluke.)
  1. Being good at my job. I am a lawyer. My job primarily involves getting guilty people a good deal. But there are opportunities, like today, to do something more than maneuver the path of least resistance through the system. Having done my part, my client will have to do the rest. Wish him luck, he needs it.

  2. Knowing that I still want my marriage. Robyn and I had a real talk this morning. One in which he said that he doesn't feel very close to me and one in which I admitted that I don't feel very close to him. The part that makes me happy, the immediate sense of panic. If I feel panic, then there must still be something there.

  3. Remembering things. I have a hard time remembering details. Little things get away from me and turn themselves into big things. Yesterday, I sent myself an email with two things that had to get done today: (a) submit my receipts, and (b) mail my taxes. Having remembered both, I am going to appreciate not feeling like crap for forgetting.

  4. Feeding my kids a good breakfast. Being down on my mothering skills is easy, but, as tempting as it is, I will not use this space to bad-mommy myself. Instead, I am going to be happy because today Grace had homemade pancakes and Elias had TJs low-fat french toast. Both kids had yogurt and fruit and a glass of all natural (no high fructose thank you very much) limeade.

  5. Making a plan. I am going to arrange a movie for Robyn and I tonight. Maybe even dinner at Truxtons. I love a plan. I love a plan even more than I love it when the plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment