Monday, April 19, 2010

Working Hard (But Really Hardly Working)

April 19, 2010

Happiness Level is at 5 (dead center and bordering on wishing I was dead)

  1. Chocolate. I ate some really good chocolate. I am going to try to concentrate on the sweet, creamy taste and not the immediate feelings of guilty that trail every bite.
  2. Suzie. I work with a woman who has had nearly every crappy thing that can happen, happen. Yet, she is always looking on the bright side in a way that is not only not annoying but actually contagious. She also thinks I am right a lot and pays me lots of positive compliments. Who can argue with that?
  3. Working by the hour. I worked for 8 hours today. Having tucked away 8 hours on Monday, lets me ease off my general commitment to working 5 hours a day and sends me straight towards a no work Friday. Excellent.
  4. Karis. Her name means Grace and I just love her. She is a crazy christian bible thumper who is not married and who has no kids. What the hell do I see in her? Everything. The only thing I question about our friendship is what the hell she sees in me.
  5. My bar card. I admit it - this is lame. But today, when my new bar card came in the mail, it made me happy. That little card signifies a lot of hard work, some excellent employment opportunities, and the fact that although I have been dragging my ass through a lot of my life, I have managed to be quite successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment